Friday, October 26, 2012

Week 14

It is hard to believe are at week 14 already. Well, actually today is 14 weeks and 3 days. Time really is going by pretty fast considering we are in our 2nd trimester already. I feel like we just found out we were pregnant a few days ago. But, it is feeling very real now and as my body keeps changing, it is more noticeable too. Most of my clothes are still fitting pretty good. My pants won't button but to be honest it is more comfortable that way anyways! I think Brent is starting to really "feel" like we are pregnant too as my belly grows. He stopped in the kitchen the other day and just looked at it with a smile and rubbed it... :)

 This week the baby is the size of a lemon, about 4" long and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. Its head is now sitting more up on its neck and the body is growing faster than the head now. It can squint, move its mouth, urinate, and even could be sucking its thumb- if it is anything like me! The liver has started making bile this week and the spleen is helping in produce lots of red blood cells. I read in my book that if you feel right about your pelvis you can feel your uterus, a round shape. One night we were on the couch and I was laying back and feeling around, pushing around lightly, trying to find this shape in my body and Brent looks over at me and says "STOP IT" and I started laughing immediately because I knew exactly why he said that. He then said "STOP, that isn't good for the baby, you don't want to hurt it". :) so sweet (and funny)

We had our check up yesterday at the Doctor's office. We were seeing a different doctor this time, Dr. Durso. They say they like for you to see all the delivery doctors in the office just in case one of them is the one to deliver you if Jeri (our doctor) isn't there. He was very nice and I really liked him because he told Brent I could have as much ice cream as I wanted because it was a good source of calcium! So now he is my best friend. :)

This appointment was just a check-up. He went over my medical history, told me I was in good shape and could start running again and it was completely safe for the baby to do so, told me to get the FLU shot, and that I should start gaining more weight now. I weighed in at 133 lbs, 3 lbs total gain, and my waist is measuring 32 1/4" this week (1/4" larger than 2 weeks ago). I feel like I am getting larger outwards instead of wide. My mom said she thought my hips were about the same (filling in some of course) but that I was moving outwards. We have been measuring Brent too and he has stayed pretty consistent with his weight and measurements- let's see if that changes! We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is the best sound in the world. It didn't take him anytime to find it... he just put the Doppler on my lower abdomen and there it was....We recorded it also so now I can listen to it whenever I want- which can be comforting waiting for the next appointment... the baby's heartbeat was 155 bpm. Below is the recording if you want to listen. (It is actually a video that shows the ceiling in the exam room- LOL)


We also took the 14 week pictures that are below.



Some say that you can feel your baby move around 16 weeks or so. That is so exciting to think I may be able to feel that soon. We have decided that we want to find out the sex of the baby- I thought I liked the idea of a surprise but I am just having a fit to go buy something and get the nursery started and that is VERY hard without knowing the sex.

We set our next appointment for 18 weeks and that is when they will do another sonogram and tell us the sex. We haven't had a sonogram since week 6 so things are going to look very different. The appointment is set for November 21st, right before Thanksgiving! We hope to share that great news with everyone shortly after! So, until next time- :)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Baby Svensson’s growth. I love reading these regular updates…it is a great way for us to experience this miracle with you and Brent! Bebe

    ReplyDelete