Thursday, October 11, 2012

12 weeks

I am a few days late this week with an update. I forgot to take my measurements and a picture on Tuesday so I had to set a reminder on my phone to do it yesterday. Maybe that is part of the P-Brain (pregnancy brain) we used to tease Brittany about all the time :) I have noticed little things that I am forgetting... but nothing too major which is good so far I guess.... 

I have been feeling good this week. The nausea is pretty much completely gone now and mostly I feel like I have plenty of energy. I have started back going to some work out classes (at a very low impact rate) I was doing before and still walking a few times a week, usually about 2.5 miles each time. The weather has been so nice it feels great! I am hoping that I can get permission from the doctor at our next appointment to start running/jogging a little bit. Not running 10 miles or anything, but just about 2 or 3, or whatever my body can handle. Maybe even just a walk and jog would be nice- I just don't like not being able to do something. The workout class I started back going to is called Ripped- a little hand weights and cardio stuff. I just don't do any of the jumping around stuff, but instead do the moves without jumping! 

I had a weird thing happen to me on Monday morning. I did my "usual" of getting settled into work and then get my breakfast ready. I am hungry much earlier now so I eat much sooner than before. Plus I am not getting full on coffee anymore so I am sure that has something to do with it. So I went to the sink to wash off my spoon and all the sudden felt like I may throw up. I didn't smell or see anything that triggered that feeling, just came out of no where. So, I figured I should probably go to the restroom just in case. I didn't want to be hovered over a trash can as faculty and students walked by the break room. A very good decision on my part as right when I got the restroom I got sick. It lasted just a minute or so and of course it feels horrible at the time, but then a few minutes later I was fine. So strange...... 

We are now 12 weeks pregnant. Very hard to believe the first trimester is almost over! The baby is about 2 1/2" long this week. About the size of a large plum! It is so cute too, or what my book says it looks like is really cute :) It weighs about 1/2 oz. It's organs like the small intestine are starting to work, its opening and closing its mouth, hands and little fingers, and it can even squint. Also our book says that if you push on your stomach where the baby is, he/she can feel it and is moving around. We are really wondering if it is a boy or a girl.... so excited to know! My waist is now measuring 32" inches (the same from 10 weeks) so a 2" inch growth from the beginning. Brent's waist is also the same from 10 weeks, he was happy about that :) The picture from this week is below...



It is nice now that I don't feel like I am keeping secret from everyone and I can just talk about it whenever I want and tell anyone I want! Most people that I work with know now and our friends all know. It is very exciting- and now the "shock" factor that we are actually pregnant has gone away it is part of our life. I must say that I have the BEST husband in the world- he has really been very sweet to me and is making sure that I have what I need, I'm getting enough rest, feeling okay, and of course making sure I am not eating too much cheese dip (if that is even possible) LOL. He really has started helping with more stuff around the house and just being great and I really appreciate it and love him!

We will see you back here in the next week or so with more updates and another picture! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment