Friday, September 28, 2012

10 Weeks

Monday night, Brent and I read our new chapter in our weekly pregnancy book. It was really neat to see that the baby actually looks like a baby. It has fingers and toes, long legs and arms, all of the internal organs are developed and functioning, it is between 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" long, about the size of a small plum. The eyelids are fused shut until around week 27 or 28. The baby actually weighs something now too, about a quarter of an ounce. Also, peach fuzz is starting to grow on the skin..... 

Yesterday we had our 10 week check up at the doctor's office. My Mom got to come with us and it was great! We got to hear the little heart beat through the Doppler. It was a little hard to find and a little to the left of my belly button, and much lower. Once the doctor found it, it was so clear to hear and made me smile! It was in the 160 bpm range- They also weighed me and I am now at 131 lbs. This is 1 pound less than last time- but I am assuming it is because of my appetite. Which- is now slowly coming back and the nausea is starting to go away. Thank goodness for that! I'm ready to ditch these saltine crackers for good. All of my blood work came back in normal ranges and looked good. My waist is measuring 32" and most of my pants are getting tight in waist, so I have been keeping them unbuttoned, otherwise they fit great still. Below is our 10 week picture:


Our next appointment will be at the 14 week mark and then again at 18 weeks. At the 18 week appointment we will get to do another sonogram and see how the baby is growing and find out if it is a boy or girl :) So, until next time....

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable!! Thank you for sending the link along - I look forward to all your updates. Love you all!! (And I've already got the baby gift all picked out. I'm so excited!)

    ReplyDelete